Discuss about Formation and Functions of ‘TAAI’.
Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI).
In the year 1951, twelve leading travel agents of India felt that time had come to create an association to regulate the travel industry along organized lines and in accordance with sound business principles.” Thus, there came into emergence the Travel Agents Association of India.
The primary purpose was to
- Protect the interest of those engaged in the industry.
- Promote its orderly growth and development.
- Safeguard the travelling public from exploitation by unscrupulous and unreliable operators.
In fact TAAI is a “professional coordinating body” consisting of various segments of the travel and tourism industry. It is recognized as the main representative body of the travel industry in India. As a non political, non-commercial and a non-profit making body, it aims at
- Safeguarding the interests of the traveling public.
- Maintaining high ethical standards within the travel trade.
- Developing tourism industry through improving the travel agency business and service for tourists.
- Promoting mutual cooperation among TAAI members.
- Contributing the sound progress and growth of the industry.
By 1993 TAAI had various members which includes categories.The Active members of TAAI are supposed to
- Emphasis with travelers needs
- Offer correct advice
- Undertake multi-sector domestic and international reservations
- Plan holidays
- Ensure a hustle free trustworthy travel.
Major Activities of TAAI:
- Helping to promote, maintain and stimulate the growth of travel and tourism in the country.
- Directing the attention of the controlling and regulatory authorities to the problems faced by the industry and discussing with them the means of survival and betterment of members.
- Maintaining close contact with world bodies and representing matters affecting the travel and tourism industry of India.
- Gathering and disseminating useful information on travel and tourism among members for their guidance.
- Educating and equipping members to meet future challenger through seminars, conventions and sharing of thoughts and experiences.
- Helping to develop better understanding among the different segments of travel industry, etc.