Is Having A Friends With Benefits Relationship Actually Sustainable In Today’s Time? Interesting Facts
A friend with benefits can be very fulfilling for some, and can also cause more problems than it is worth for others. Does a relationship with someone who happens to be friendly with you, watches movies with you, and fucks you (but has no romantic feelings for you) actually sound fun? If so, then a friend with benefits is probably perfect for you. If it sounds bad for you, or not fun at all, then a friend with benefits is probably not the way to go. Friends who have sex are not typical, but it does happen.
What is the difference between a friend with benefits, and a booty call? A booty call is someone who you have no relationship with, sometimes people that you barely even know, and you just call them up to have sex when you want. Booty calls can also be ex partners that you simply hook up with when needed, because neither of you have anyone else, but you don’t like each other in that way either.
A friend with benefits is generally more of an actual friend, who you hang out with, have fun with, and occasionally have sex with. Now, the thing to note is that friends with benefits cannot always make it. It can be difficult – one party may develop feelings for the other party, one person may get in a relationship with someone they value more, one person may decide they don’t like the other person in a sexual way, etc. There are so many reasons they don’t work out. However, you can definitely have successful friends with benefits if you have boundaries, communication, and chemistry!
How Long Do FWB Relationships Last?
Some FWB relationships last for a long time – years even. However, some only last a few weeks as well. With that being said, friends with benefits can have other friends with benefits – meaning there could be more than one (polyamorous), or monogamous, meaning they are only friends with benefits with each other, and no one else, until they get to be in a relationship with someone else.
Many people love friends with benefits, there is no specific personality that goes better with a friend with benefits. That means that you could have a FWB with someone that you have found hot and been friends with for a while; you could also be FWB with someone else who you have zero feelings for at all, but has a large cock. Sometimes you may have friendzoned each other for relationships, but still find each other physically attractive and want to experiment with each other. Any of these reasons are acceptable with FWB – but remember – there should be a few rules to keep it going well.
How to find a friend with benefits?
Finding a friend with benefits (FWB) can be a bit tricky and it’s important to approach the topic with caution and clear communication. Here are some steps you can take:
- Assess your own feelings and motivations: Before you start looking for a FWB, it’s important to understand your own feelings and motivations. Are you truly looking for a casual, no-strings-attached relationship, or do you have deeper feelings that you’re not acknowledging? Being honest with yourself is important so that you can communicate your intentions clearly to others.
- Look within your social circle: The best place to find a FWB is often within your existing social circle. This could be a friend, a colleague, or someone you’ve met through a hobby or activity.
- Communicate openly and honestly: If you’re interested in exploring a FWB relationship with someone, it’s important to be open and honest about your intentions. Communicate clearly about what you’re looking for and make sure you’re on the same page.
- Set boundaries: It’s important to set boundaries and establish clear rules for your FWB relationship. This could include things like how often you’ll see each other, what types of activities are off-limits, and whether or not you’re allowed to see other people.
- Be respectful: A FWB relationship is a casual one, but it’s still important to be respectful of the other person’s feelings and boundaries. If things change and one of you wants to turn the relationship into something more serious, it’s important to communicate that and be open to discussing it.
It’s important to remember that FWB relationships aren’t for everyone, and it’s totally okay if it’s not something you want to pursue. It’s also important to be aware of the potential risks and challenges that can come with FWB relationships, such as emotional attachment and jealousy.
What rules should you have?
Friends with benefits relationships need rules to run smoothly. For example, do you want to know about the other people that they may be sleeping with? If not (or if so), you need to make that clear. Do you care about hiding that you are sleeping together? If not, do they care about hiding it? Do you have a set ending date for this relationship? Making sure you talk about these items will help establish some ground rules and keep the relationship running smoothly. Making sure you both communicate this helps keep a good groundwork and makes sure you are on level footing together as well. You aren’t dating, but you still have to have open communication to avoid anyone getting hurt emotionally.
Another rule of thumb – do not go on dates together. Again, you are NOT dating. You don’t need to text throughout the day; you don’t need to keep tabs on each other, and you definitely do not need to constantly update each other with what you are doing. These items are for dating, not FWB. There’s a fine line between friendly texts and overbearing texts.
Unless you establish exclusivity, do not assume that either of you are being exclusive with the other. You definitely may be dating other people (or vice versa). The point to a friend with benefits is to have your sexual needs met whole being friends – don’t prevent yourself from finding your perfect partner because of some fake exclusivity that was never supposed to be there. Now, if you both find each other to be the perfect partner, make sure to communicate that and formally date, or break off the relationship. Plus, you should keep in mind that a friends with benefits relationship is going to end at some point. You grow up, you move on, and you hopefully fall in love with the right person. However, it’s not a bad thing. It’s part of being a person.
Remember, a friends with benefits relationship can be satisfying and amazing, as long as you have an open mind and great communication with each other. A FWB relationship has some great perks, like keeping you aware of what your body likes and needs. Every person should experience this kind of fun in their life once in a while!
Should You Try Sex Toys Together?
Introducing sex toys into a FWB relationship can be a great way to add some excitement and variety to your sexual experiences together. However, it’s important to approach the topic with care and communication. Here are some steps you can take:
- Talk about it first: Before introducing any new sexual experiences or adult toys into the relationship, it’s important to have an open and honest conversation with your FWB. Make sure you both feel comfortable with the idea and that you’re on the same page about what you’re looking for.
- Start with something small: If your FWB is new to sexy toys, it might be best to start with something small and non-intimidating. A small vibrator or a pair of couples’ sex toys might be a good place to start.
- Shop together: Shopping for sex toys together can be a fun and exciting way to explore new options. You can explore different types of toys and talk openly about what you’re looking for.
- Be open-minded: Remember that everyone has different preferences when it comes to sex and toys. Be open-minded and respectful of your FWB’s boundaries and desires.
- Have fun: Using sex toys can be a fun and exciting way to spice up your sex life. Have fun exploring new options and experimenting together.
It’s important to remember that introducing vibrating toys into your FWB relationship is a personal choice and not everyone may be comfortable with it. It’s important to respect each other’s boundaries and make sure that both parties are comfortable and excited about the idea before proceeding.