An Indian Army officer and 20 soldiers were killed in a “violent confrontation” with Chinese troops on Monday night at the Galvan Valley of Ladakh.
This is the first incident of martyrdom of Indian Armed Researchers after almost 45 years in the border. Sources stated that officer and 20 soldiers had been martyred while China also suffered significant losses. Resources stated that 43 soldiers were killed or seriously injured. Before, the Army said that in 1975, four soldiers had been martyred in a clash at Tulung La at Arunachal Pradesh.
Sources said there was no shooting from both sides. The army During this period the Indian Army officer and two soldiers had been martyred. It is being advised that the officer killed during the confrontation was that the commanding officer of a battalion at Galvan.
Significantly, for the last five weeks, a Lot of Chinese and indian troops have been face to face in various regions of eastern Ladakh. The episode comes after Indian Army Chief General MM Narwane stated that soldiers in both countries were retreating from Galvan Valley. The government-run newspaper Global Times claimed in one of its own news that a clash was started by troops. They entered territory and attacked Chinese troops.
On Tuesday, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh maintained two Meetings with top military officials to talk about the situation in eastern Ladakh after Army soldiers were martyred in violent clashes with troops. Police sources stated that Singh has informed Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday night concerning the entire situation in the region and the martyrdom of Army soldiers. There has been tension between the two sides in the area for over five weeks.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh held a meeting
India’s preparedness was discussed. It is discovered that the government has determined to strengthen India’s military capacity in areas like Pengong So, Galwan Valley, Demchok and Daulat Beg Oldi in eastern Ladakh. Sources said that after a meeting that lasted Singh apprised Prime Minister Modi , about one hour regarding the general situation.
Even the Defense Minister held another meeting together with Army Chief General MM Narwane External Affairs Minister Jaishankar and Chief of Defense Staff General Bipin Rawat in the day.
Resources stated General Narwane briefed the Defense Minister in Detail about the incident in the Galvan Valley on Monday night. There is a standoff between the Indian and Chinese forces in Pengong Galvan Valley, Demchok and Daulat Beg Oldi areas of eastern Ladakh.
Chinese military personnel have encroached the boundary In many places, such as Pengong. The Indian Army has objected to this activity of the Army and demanded their immediate withdrawal. In order to eliminate the deadlock, in the past couple of days, there have been talks from either side.
Even the Ministry of External Affairs said that India has been Very evident from the start it has been in charge of border control, that its activities are restricted inside the Line of Control within its jurisdiction. We expect the same from the side.
“We fully recognize and understand that There’s a need To maintain stability and peace in the border areas and solve differences Through dialogue,” he explained. But at the same time, We’re strong pledges to Make sure the sovereignty and territorial integrity of India.