What are the duties of the employer regarding the payment of gratuity?
Duty to Pay Gratuity :
- It is the duty of the employer to pay the gratuity to his employees on time.
- It is the duty of the employer to determine the amount of gratuity as soon as it becomes payable and to give notice in writing to the person to whom the gratuity is payable and also to the controlling authority, specifying the amount of gratuity so determined.
- A person who is eligible for payment of gratuity under this Act or any person authorized, in writing, to act on his behalf shall send a written application to the employer, within such time and in such form, as may be prescribed, for the payment of such gratuity.
- To pay the amount of gratuity within 30 days from the date it becomes payable to the person to whom the gratuity is payable.
- To deposit with the controlling authority, in the case of any dispute as to the amount of gratuity payable to an employee, such amount as he admits to be payable by him as gratuity.